Sunday, May 20, 2018

Éclat des Jours: M. Cola

Was busy in the morning, which included shopping for my next computer. (Got a two-week extension on the loaner, though still not ready to order and delivery could take 3 weeks). Still cycling to see how much that improves the right foot. Lie Wednesday, didn't have a high priority place that I couldn't get to on a weekday and also didn't just get cake from in the last week (Ryoura), so went with the highest priority weekend target, which was Éclat des Jours, where I got M. Cola, which is apparently a summer thing, since I found a one-year all reference to it by Instagram's jum.2525 (in Japanese), though with different decoration bits, because the reading conditions for tiny handwritten cards at calf level behind glass in Japanese with lots of phonetic loan words (often mostly French, though English is common) is not that great, even if you aren't tired from exercising.

Despite the name, there does not seem to be any cola in this, which is consistent with the Japanese phonetics, which is a short (in the Japanese sense) rather than long "o". What it does have milk chocolate and orange and mango (what I didn't identify by myself--maybe that's the "M.") gelatin on a bottom of puffed rice layer. I'm hoping the name didn't put me off too much, but I didn't find it too exciting. I prefer more and darker chocolate and less fruit, though of course it depends on the fruit. I can still call this good, but they're slipped further from the top of the Quite Excellent shop pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment