Tuesday, May 8, 2018

L'Abricotier: Cherie


It was time to get a 10th cake from Quite Excellent shops, so I cycled to L'Abricotier, which is at the top of the list, alphabetically. I had things to do in the afternoon, so I went early, which was a mistake. They open for business at 10 am, but only for take out and they did not have many cakes out for display yet. I went with a new one, Cherie, which is strawberry and cream on the outside and strawberry something on the inside. I took it to a nearby park. Unfortunately, the middle was slightly sherbet-like, so it may have still been to cold. But since the outside was just soft whipped cream, it would tricky to defrost it at room temperature, since the outside would get too warm first, I assume. On the other hand, if the middle was really just pudding that was semi-frozen unintentionally, I'm not sure what would hold it together anyway, so maybe it was just as designed. But that design does not work for me and I don't really like strawberry and cream aftertaste much (which affects a lot of cakes, though not every cake sticks with you; I didn't have tea, but I did have water). I'm going to have to rate this as just ok, which makes my rating for this shop down in just Excellent territory. However, it's hard to compare shops with different numbers of cakes sampled, so I won't actually move it down until an excellent shop with the same number of cakes bests it.

No comments:

Post a Comment