Sunday, May 6, 2018

Jean-Paul Hévin: Passion

I don't remember whether I got this at Ginza Mitsukoshi (which would imply running) or Isetan, but this was the first day for this new cake, which is different from their previous passion fruit cake, which has been out of the line-up for a while and I'm assuming from this is going to remain out. It's their standard mousse layer chocolate, this time with ganache flavored with rum and a crunchy top (though I'm not sure of what, besides probably sugar). This was excellent, but my impression was that it did not stand out among their cakes. However, I had half of a piece more recently and thought it was great, so my current evaluation is semi-great, which at least means that I'll get back to it before reviewing just excellent cakes, though reviewing great cakes is keeping me busy enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment