Monday, May 21, 2018

En Vedette: En Vedette

For cake, En Vedette was at Isetan, so I got their signature cake as my second cake from them.

For cycling, I went down to Tokyo Midtown to see what cake Dean & Deluca had for Mondays, and got a new name: La Garue M, which is pretty far south, where I've never had much luck, but some day when I'm done with Shinjuku Takashimaya for new local cakes, I'll given them a try, though I've also got a few around Yoyogi. I only cycled about 45 minutes, but took a lot of slopes and tried to work hard before going to get groceries and coming home.

My last trip to Éclat des Jours was disappointing not just for the cake I got but because it seemed to replace their rum raisin cake, which I thought was great (but did not seem popular, so I'm not really surprised that it got bumped for the summer tropical cakes). So the even without the name, which suggested it as a point of pride, I was in the mood for chocolate rum raisin. It'e pretty, but pretty hard to head without destroying it substantially, and the sides are a little gummy (sealing in moisture) but the flavor did not disappoint and apparently I'm in an accepting mood, because I'm going to say this cake is also great, which is three new great cakes in one week. Note that this is chocolate ganache, milk chocolate (not sure of the difference), and white chocolate.

Guess I'm going to be late this week with pastries, since I want to take advantage of En Vedette's last day at Isetan tomorrow, now that I'm considering this shop at least Quite Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment