Saturday, May 5, 2018

Quiche Yoroizuka: Quiche Strawberry

I'm a couple weeks behind, so I'm going by memory and notes of simple ratings. During that running, I've pretty much satisfied myself with my knowledge of a route for the next 30 km run, but I'm not convinced that my feet are up to it, though not running doesn't seem to provided much improvement either so I might just go ahead and try it anyway.

Back on April 18th, I did a run for pastry and visited Quiche Yoroizuka at Shibuya Hiharie (not sure whether any of the other outlets are still open). They had two sweet quiche, basically custard with and without strawberries, though the names are Quiche Purin (for "pudding") and Quiche Strawberry. I went with the strawberry. I could definitely task the quiche difference in the crust, though I don't know what's different about it from other pastry crusts, and it was custard with strawberries, either of which I had a very positive expectation of, but I had to admit that this was excellent. It was a nice smooth custard, just solid enough for this usage, and did not resemble typical "purin" in any way. The strawberries were also good.

No comments:

Post a Comment