Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Frédéric Cassel: Konatsu Cheesecake

Cycled out to Ginza Mitsukoshi, which is not that convenient a ride (lots of lights and lots of big busy roads), but at least they have indoor parking on the same level as sweets (there's an elevator in the back to take your bike down). Since I've had great cheesecake from Frédéric Cassel before, I wanted to get the new Konatsu Cheesecake. Konatsu is a type of Japanese citrus fruit from the Kyuushuu Island that seems to be a sort of mild yuzu, though maybe it's as sour without the sugar. In some ways, it was perfectly ordinary (as a citrus flavored, rare/baked two-layered high-end cheesecake) but perfect in its way, so I'm saying it's great. Cheesecake used to always be handicapped, but I seem to have found several great cheesecake now, though I guess that's not a lot compared to the chocolate ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment