Thursday, May 10, 2018

Cake-off fail: Fraisier and Rhône-Alpes

I got Frédéric Cassel's Fraisier on its last day (they volunteered, since I keep asking for it even when its not in display, now that I've learned that they keep things in the back for later) but made the mistake of getting Rhône-Alpes from Amitié. Early on in the first round (I'm not sure when I stopped, but certain by early this year), I only removed things from the great list if my next evaluation was only Good. Cakes who got a second evaluation of Excellent, got marked as Semigreat and kept. This was one of those, so I'm not going to count it. I'm willing to call it excellent, but I'm just not that interested in classic chocolate cake, with sponge and fronting layers, with or without whipped cream on top. So I'll just have to watch for Fraisier to show up again, hopefully next year, to do its second round. Still, I got to eat some excellent a great cake, so I'm not too disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment