Sunday, May 27, 2018

Ryoura: Beauté

Trying to make this quick and catch up, though I'm still not great working with this computer (it's a little small and no mouse). Should have the new computer in a week.

Forgot to mentions (should anyone cake), that I visited Crossroad Bakery Friday and got a Croissant, which was definitely good. They had other things and definitely good is really above average for a croissant, so I'll try to get back there. I still have one more local shop that I want to get to and then I can finally use previous rating to focus on quality rather than novelty. I'll say the goodness was that it was pretty flaky, leaning on the cake-shop pastry type versus the more bread-like type of most bakeries, though it was still seemingly trying to strike a good balance, which I think it achieved.

For cake, I went to the recently promoted Ryoura and got Beauté, which apparently was introduced last November. I like this kind of cake with a hard coating and don't mind the whipped cream on top (I've cheated and turned the Ryoura insert 180 degrees so I can take a picture of the less damage side, but it traveled pretty well for a long trip hanging from my handlebars. (Still cycling, but I'm ready to start running, I think; I'll start small tomorrow, cycling first). This is earl grey mousse flavored with blackberry and raspberry gelatin and cassis cream. It's a very nice harmony, so I don't think I'm relying just on the style of cake and prejudice to a newly promoted shop when I say that it was excellent. Still, I'd like to get to some of the other shops that it currently looks like I might want to promote before getting back to Ryoura, but I look forward to more cakes from them in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment