Saturday, May 5, 2018

Cake-off: Jean-Paul Hévin's Bergam over Sadaharu Aoki's Chocolat Pralin

Actually, I'm not sure whether running was involved. There was certainly a lot of walking. I know I visited the Marunouchi Sadaharu Aoki (because I was over in that neighborhood hood) to confirm they had the Chocolat Pralin, then went to Ginza Mitsukoshi and scored a Bergam, which was about to be pulled from the line up, and then went back and picked of the Aoki cake and walked both back to Yotsuya in Shinjuku (there are other Yotsuya in Tokyo, I think).

Bergam is close to being a standard JPH design, with the special element being the orange flavor. As great as the Chocolat Pralin is, I have to the with to Bergam, though both cakes proved in this second round that their first-round losses were due to their tough competition there.

No comments:

Post a Comment