Sunday, May 6, 2018

Éclat des Jours: Tartelette Framboise

Last Sunday, I hit my top priority (unless Ryoco returns to regular business) by cycling out to Éclat des Jours and got their Tartelette Framboise, working my way through their fresh tarts. This one was exceptional for its type, having big, surprisingly moist raspberries. The center of the tart was built up with some raspberry gelatin (under the visible cream), which wouldn't sound like a good idea to me, but was. Excellent cake.

This shop seemingly hasn't given up on overtaking Bien-Etre to become the replacement for Toshi Yoroizuka as a Superb (top 4 to 7) shop, though it's going to be tough with their lack of variety (though at least it's a big base line-up). Still two more tarts to go, I think, and I still haven't had the signature cake of the shop (because it's strawberry shortcake). Unfortunately, this month's seasonal cake has coffee, which is a hopeless cause with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment