Thursday, May 17, 2018

Hi-Cacao: Chocolate Canelé Fondant (plain)

Went looking for a pastry and at the second stop got a Chocolate Canelé Fondant (plain) from Hi-Cacao for the first time. They're part of a network of food and clothes shops, so not really a step up from a chain coffee shop, but chocolate isn't such a bad theme. Not sure that this shouldn't count as fresh cake, since that's what I count fondant as usually, but for 180 yen I'll let it be pastry, since that's how I categorize canelé usually. Basically, it's a thin canelé sheel filled with chocolate cream, which isn't a bad thing. Also, coco powder on the outside. I made this one travel too long in my backpack with too little protection, but it was still good, if not compelling. For fresh cake, I'll probably try their heated (the menu says fresh-baked) fondant.

No comments:

Post a Comment