Saturday, May 5, 2018

Cake-off: Jean-Paul Hévin's Mont-blanc over Atelier Kohta's Classic Chocolat

This cake-off involved running to get a Classic Chocolat from Atelier Kohta in the evening of Friday April 20th and waiting until the next morning to get a Mont-blanc from JPH before they ended their season on the following day. I'll also acknowledge that I was a little rushed and I had to judge the cakes based on only half a piece. Given the lopsided nature of the source brands, it should not be a shock that I am going with the Mont-blanc or even that I'm not sure that the Classic Chocolat deserves to be called great (it was an early choice and I've found other similar cakes that I've called great, I think), though I'll give it another chance next year, if it continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment