Monday, May 7, 2018

Royal Garden Cafe [Aoyama]: Croissant Almonde

As my pastry, I made my first buy at Royal Garden Cafe, on the ground that now that the pedestrian bridge over Aoyama-doori is fixed, then will be on a neighborhood course, as soon as I get back to more ambitious running. I'm not putting every cafe on the course, but this does bill itself as a bakery cafe and there is a space set up for take out bread and pastries, even if they don't seem fully prepared for that when I actually buy something (though that might just be weekend part-timers). This almond croissant was of the flat/collapsed rather oily kind, which is not a wholly bad thing, but doesn't get them beyond good.


I actually ran this day, visiting Midtown to research something, though I don't remember what. Wait, now I remember: Sadaharu Aoki, which I needed a next cake from. Aoki had a green tea azuki bean rollcake, which is unappealing on multiple fronts. I reviewed the website and say that I needed to actually go to Shibuya Hikarie ShinQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment