Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Pierre Hermé: Mont-Blanc à ma Façon (モンブラン・ア・マ・ファソン)

Cake Monday was by Pierre Hermé, via Isetan. I chose the Mont-Blanc à ma Façon (モンブラン・ア・マ・ファソン, 756 yen), so I'm not leaving mont-blanc as my last choice any more. This was excellent, with very nice chestnut cream/paste over cream, with small (dry) meringue anchor in the middle on top a butter (?) tart. Also, I left out the special part, which is the rose confit. It was interesting, but the flower sweet aftertaste was a bit odd, so I'm not ready to accept this is something I'm looking for.

The run was first to Ginza to check the Jean-Paul Hévin, which had the same cakes as Isetan, Tokyo Midtown, and Omotesando Hills (or at least the Safi, which is the one I haven't had and which isn't officially listed online or the chocolate bar menu at Isetan. Then I went to Le Rcinq, which I'll report on tomorrow. But gave me about 12 km total, split about equally between 9 km/h and 10 km/m (though actually the first half was too close to 11 km/h).


No comments:

Post a Comment