Thursday, December 15, 2016

Le R Cinq (ルエールサンク): Mascar Fraise (マスカルフレーズ)

Wednesday night, I visited Le R Cinq (ルエールサンク) and got the Mascar Fraise (マスカルフレーズ, 540 yen). It was good (mascarpone) cheese and good strawberry filling, which went well together, so it was good cake. Maybe it's a good shop, but they only had two things recognizable as cake (the other was green tea, I think), three or four tart-like pieces, that were fancy enough, but at least half a dozen things in glasses ("verrines" I suppose), so not really my kind of place, or I need to learn to appreciate verrines. I'd be interested in going early, to see what their baked goods are, since they open at 8:00, but it's not my side of town. Of course, I could get up early and go by train, but I'm not that interested.

There was also running, today, but it was a training run, which did not take long, and I did not buy cake, so I'm now caught up on reporting cake. As usual, the training run as on the Meiji Gingu Gaien course, and was just 4 km total, 1.225 of that at 11 km/h in four segment, interspersed by 9 km/h running and otherwise mostly it was at 10 km/h. Because of the short run, no cake buying, and no overtime work, I had time to catch up on dishes and then make canelés. Still working out how to get them right, in terms of how much butter to use in the silicone molds for the regular-size ones. This time I used 25% less and held some back to brush on afterward, to see how that works, and they came out of the mold about as well as last time (one stuck), and I baked them less and they still seem baked enough (though less baked), I'm trying to see if I can get the outsides less dry. Of course, if I want them glossy, I'll have to think seriously about using beeswax.




No comments:

Post a Comment