Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Heritier: Mars

Yesterday's run was to try to do 11 km/h around Akasaka Palace, which is hard because, as the name "Red Hill" suggests, there are slopes (enough to put up sign for cyclist to watch their speed), so probably I'm going 12+ km/h down slope sometimes and -10 km/h up slope sometimes. I managed my target 1 2/3 laps (5.5 km), before I pealed off to do some shopping.

Today, I went to (Patisserie Francaise) Heritier, which is in Hakusan, in Bunkyo-ku. I got even more lost than last time I went, so I have to just guess about the distance there, but probably ended up around 6.5 km, in which case it was 10 km/h. After I got cake, I ran about the same speed for around 3 km, but then after I picked up 2100 of peanuts at Nikunohanamasa, I was slowed down to around 8 km/h, which is still pretty good, as I was carry things in both hands at this point.

The cake was Mars (マアルス; 540 yen).  The cake is kind of bowl of chocolate coating (though not noticeably chocolate in taste) studded with nuts full of a dried fruit mass that you shoot run into. It's definitely good and definitely interesting, but ultimately not particularly flavorful besides being sweet and a little rummy, so maybe a good shop but not a priority for a quick return.


No comments:

Post a Comment