Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Shirotae: Ganache

Revamped my training run of 300 m intervals as 12+ km/h, since yesterday showed 11 km/h was too slow. I only did two intervals to start with (and the first one was too fast), then went and checked out Tokyo Midtown (which is getting more crowded), and then to Shirotae for cake. I got the Ganache (ガナシュ; 350 yen), as they did not have the rare cheesecake that I wanted and there was not much of a selection left. Being not far from home, I waited to eat it. Total running ended up about 4.6 km at 9 km/h, 2.6 km at 10 km/h, plus the two fast intervals (next week I plan to do four).

The cake was only okay. There is a little actual dark ganache (presumably) on top and very light ganache, maybe, on the outside to give it shape, but there is sponge cake inside, plus a cherry and a couple raisins. So there was a reason why I never bothered to post about them before.


I'm not sure whether I should get cake tomorrow, because I've got friends coming in and maybe we'll go out for cake (my preference), but I'm not going to force the issue. However, I want to run and I want some excellent cake, so I'll probably go to Isetan and visit Sadaharu Aoki. If I get more cake later, then I'll just do some running without cake next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment