Sunday, December 11, 2016

Gerbeaud: Dobostorta (ドボシュトルタ) and Esterházy Torta (エゥテルハージトルタ)

Saturday, we went to Gerbeaud along Aoyama Avenue near Omotesando, on account of the Pierre Herme being under renovation. Still, I intentionly had prepared it as a back up. There was got the Dobostorta  (ドボシュトルタ, 630 yen) and a Esterházy Torta (エゥテルハージトルタ, 630 yen), which are both tortes and similar, but former is chocolate butter cream and the latter is not (perhaps, vanilla or cognac). I liked the latter more, for being sweeter maybe. It's nice to have this kind of denser cake once in a while rather than French cakes. Note that the for the former, this is the cake shown by Wikipedia, although I don't know that it is from this particular branch.

For a the running, on Sunday afternoon I went around and visited Cafe Mikuni's (first time to go up to the door, but didn't go inside) and Hertier (probably have been by here, but wouldn't have noticed it as anywhere special; also didn't go inside, but I could see inside; not very many kinds on cake) as future places to visit. It was 13 km total (I got a little off track and then decided to take an easier follow route coming back, or I could have done it in 12 km), at just within the upper bounds for 9 km/h. Still feeling like I'm running at my limit, as far as my left knee goes at least, so I'm not sure whether I'm going to have to give up running faster and just stick to 9 km/h as an upper limit. I'm certainly not intent on expanding my running budget while I've figuring this out.


No comments:

Post a Comment