Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Origines Cacao: Andarujii

Caught Origines Cacao at Isetan on their last day and got Andarujii (couldn't figure out the source word, so this is just the Romanji of the Japanese). The run was the neighborhood run trying the South Aoyama 3&4 and Nishiazabu loops and connector in reverse. Overall, it was easier, but I missed a turn that looks straight when you're coming from the other direction (it branches and I stayed on the main branch when I should have left it) and had to double back but otherwise this seems to be the way to go. Next I'll do South Aoyama 1 and 2 Loops and the nearest Akasaka loop, which are all fairly straightforward. After that it get's complicated, but will probably have to wait until next year.

The cake, which is a chocolate mousse outer around a substantial lemon cream core, was definitely excellent. I've had good luck a couple days in a row. I didn't actually need a 10th cake from there yet, but they aren't at Isetan so often and it's been quite a while since I've had one of their cakes, since I got ahead of myself with them and they haven't brought back one of the cakes that I thought was great for a year. Maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment