Sunday, December 3, 2017

Cake-off: Yoroizuka's Cassis over Viron's Fraise

Today, I needed some roasted peanuts for peanut butter, so I started my run by going to Nikunohanamasa and then continued on to Viron and Toshi Yoroizuka in Kyoubashi for today's cake-off cakes. It's been a couple years since I had the Viron, but the Yoroizuka has been around a couple months. I figured I should match the newly available Fraise with something fruity and of the few great cakes available for the 1st round cake-offs, that was the best match, I thought. Actually, I guess I only ran as far as a Outemachi subway entrance, which was less than 7 km and I didn't time the route, and walked with cake from there, coming back by train.

After securing the cake and having a little chocolate, I went back out by bicycle and got a couple pictures that I had missed, some Aoba Park shots, Aoyama Ginza West, and a Buddhist building that turned out not to be very temple like and seems to be inactive, so I regret putting it on my map, but I'm not going to remake the map again just because of that. Then I went out to see about new cakes at Jiyuugaoka and Youga, but did not find anything. Just in case, I confirmed at Bien-ëtre coming back that they would still have their Mont-blanc on Friday, since I want to match it against Mont d'or for the next cake-off.

The cake was probably served too cold for the fresh strawberries, which I regret (next time, I'll pause my eating for long enough to do a proper check of such theories), but I have to judge by what I ate and the Fraise, while still good, did not seem exception in general, whereas the Cassis still had a good mix of tastes (the figs give it a pretty meaty taste, in some sense).


No comments:

Post a Comment