Monday, December 11, 2017

(Fri) Bien-être's Mont-blanc over Sadaharu Aoki's Mont D'or

I squeezed in a cake-off on Friday. The Sadaharu Aoki cake, Mont D'or, just became available again this month and I got it when I was out running an errand. The Mont-blanc from Bien-être, held over from October, I got by bicycle, deciding that I needed every minute I could, though running would not have been so much longer, since the shop is close.

My impression of the Mont-blanc was the same as in October, that it was the best of the very heavy chestnut mont-blancs that I've had. Simple but effective. The Mont D'or is a very creamy chocolate cake accented with black (?) currant (anyway, cassis). I wish that I had had more time to linger over it, to sense what was special about it, but I spent at least the usual amount of time. I have to go with the Mont-blanc as the winner of the cake off, but the Mont D'or definitely was high quality and the fruit was a positive addition to the chocolate. Also, the texture of the cake is great, so it stays a Great cake and I contemplate it again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment