Sunday, December 24, 2017

Lindt: Gateau Truffle au Chocolat

Continuing from Friday, I walked confirming and running in the reverse direction loops in Sendagaya down to North Aoyama. Road was closed for the Zuienji Loop, so I'll need to do that one another time. Anyway, I decided that the one near the National Noh Theater should go around the front rather than the back, since that's easier and shorter. I suppose the reason I did it the other way was to run the length of the mark there, but passing the southeast side is sufficient for me. I also decided that I could just run by the front of Jinguumae Public Park rather than come the back way with the public housing drive (which has a posted speed limit of 8 km/h). I thought the Jinguumae Loop is fine, but now I realize that I don't need to come down Meiji Douri, cut over to Harajuku Street and the cut over again to Cat Street, I could should just cut over to Cat Street along the cross street and void the crowds and alleys (though I'm still going to run into crowds on Cat Street (though no cats).

For cake, I stopped at Lindt, who have a cafe on Aoyama Douri which I've been to several times, due to it's convenience and visibility, although not since getting serious about running and cake. They do take out, though, and I judged correctly that they wouldn't bother to adjust their line-up for Christmas. I got the Gateau Truffle au Chocolat and walked it back home the long way to confirm that  Bubó Barcelona also had standard cakes (my plan for Christmas) and see whether Takashima would have their normal Patisserie selection. They didn't, though they did have a small selection, because large Christmas cakes, so I might go there Tuesday and get something from somewhere I haven't posted on before.

The Lindt cake, while understandably somewhat like eating a chocolate crunch bar (though it was truffle, so thick ganache, not solid chocolate in crystal form) was reasonably good for a brand sold in supermarkets. I'm willing to say that it was excellent and plan on going back soon to try a second cake (they have four types total, and I'm not expecting those to vary much, if at all, though I haven't been watching).


No comments:

Post a Comment