Thursday, December 21, 2017

DelRey: Pistachio Chocolat

Since they were at Isetan, I wanted to get a third cake from the Quite Good shop DelRey. I got the Pistachio Chocolat (I know, mixed languages). For the run, tried out the latest version of the neighborhood map starting from the Daikyouchou Bridge to the Shinanomachi Stn. Link and all connected parts east, doing everything in reverse, which makes everything look different (like landmarks for turns), so it really feels like a different course. I collapsed some loops and it's down to a little over 9 km, which I did in 60 or 61 minutes, which I think is pretty good, because there are a lot of stairs and hills.

The cake did not start too well with me, because the outside is pistachio mousse which is very gelatinous, which I hate. But it was pretty chilled to begin with and letting it heat up a little really helped. This has a lot of feuillantine in side, to give it crunch and some chocolate mousse, though not a lot. somewhat because I could over come the gelatinous problem and enjoy a strong pistachio flavor, I'll can say that this was excellent cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment