Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Bien-être: Apple Chiboust

In response to it's cake-off win last Friday, I did a visit to Bien-être, though I'd be there soon again anyway. The running was not so fast, as its cold and I was not patient enough to stretch much. It was about 9 km/h mostly with a total of 11 km (there were some shopping-related detours).

The cake was the current chiboust, which is Apple Chiboust (translated). It was excellent, which does not surprise me based on their previous chiboust. Like many of their cakes, it has a sort of homemade feel and yet taken up to the next level, so this was like apple pie but wonderfully chiboust.

As catch-up, I'll finally note also that I had some Jean-Paul Hévin poundcake-type cake recently, if that's a fair description: Cake Chocolat Grand Marron, which is their chocolate cake with candied chestnuts, so pretty decadent, but excellent. We got this is Kyoto, though it might be available in other shops. I'm still committed to fresh cake, but I wouldn't turn down more of their other products.


No comments:

Post a Comment