Thursday, December 14, 2017

Pierre Hermé: Mille-feuille Céleste

Did another trip to Isetan for Pierre Hermé and got another cake from these months theme, Mille-feuille Céleste. Except for the mille-feuille pastry, this was not so different from the cheesecake, with a layer of strawberry and rhubarb compote and passion fruit as the other flavor. This worked less well for me than the cheesecake and was only good. I'll probably give up on this month's theme and wait for next month, which I planned to do even before having this, since I've got a number of places I want to hit again this month, both at Isetan, as visiting shops, and the other two recent cake shop promotions, as well as a number of new places (though nothing I have high hopes for).

The run was my neighborhood course through what was left of the southwest Yotsuya course from Tuesday. I remembered it all mostly fine (I did take a parallel road on one section. As I mentioned yesterday, I ready to rearrange this to stop prioritizing avoiding overlap and also to avoid tiny back alleys where it seems a little dangerous to run (just from tripping over things) and obnoxious to anyone living right there. I'm just going to assume that I ran about 8 km at 8 km/h rather than bother trying to measure the convoluted course.

No comments:

Post a Comment