Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Antendo: Chocolate Babka

Tried a fast run to Éclat des Jours, which was successful in that I ran shy of 11 km on the 12 km/h side, which is as fast as I've run this route (and I was going faster for the first part, slower in the middle where it was not helping me make the lights, and slowest toward the end, getting tired). As I half expected, they were closed on a Tuesday again without warning/mention on their Facebook page (they last posted closings in October). I should see whether there is a pattern since officially only Wednesday is a regular closed day, but I wouldn't have run if I wasn't prepared to be disappointed. I'll probably hit them again next Monday, when I'll have a better chance.

I took the train back, because I have other things to do that I'm behind on (like writing this), and did a visit to (Bakery Cafe) Antendo, which is the nearest bakery for Yotsuya 3-choume (not a particularly hip area, with just the one train line through it). I got the Chocolate Babka, which I've read should be moist in the middle, though that wouldn't last to the end of the day, maybe, even if it was every true. It's ok, but this version has only a slight claim on pasty-hood. I wasn't expected much, but just wanted to hit this as a local place, as I try to make pasties a twice a week thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment