Friday, December 15, 2017

Cake-off: Bubó Barcelona's Choco Deluxe over Paris S'éveille's Chocolat Fondant

Not too much to say about today's cakes. Cycled down to Paris S'éveille to get their Chocolat Fondant, which for purposes of this blog I am treating as fresh cake (versus gateau de voyage, like a weekend or pound cake, which are not my focus), though it does not require refrigeration and actually they recommend microwaving it for 20 s (my microwave is large, so I should probably have done longer), and then swung back to Bubó Barcelona to get their Choco Deluxe, a battle of the last two pure chocolate cakes in this round/year's cake-offs.

Neither cake stood out, but both were worthy chocolate cakes, which I enjoyed revisiting, the main purpose of cake-offs. I decided ultimately to give the contest to the underdog, Bubó Barcelona. I'd like to compare theirs to something more similar to it, but the main similar thing to the Fondant is not available (due to Ryoco being too busy to bother with the little stuff, apparently).

No comments:

Post a Comment