Monday, December 25, 2017

Bubó Barcelona: Montblanc

Did a relatively short run, about 50 minutes, and ran into a good crowd on Omotesandou Douri (I hadn't thought about people coming to see the holiday lights). On the way, I swung through the part of Sendagaya that had been closed yesterday to practice running that part of the course in reverse. Mostly I was okay, but one road is more like a driveway and I didn't remember that there would be a slight curb to it and no street marks indicating a road (the road/drive goes to a temple, and then I use their stairs to go down to the main street, which triggers a couple automatic lights going past but the path is open even when the gate to the temple is okay, so I assume it's okay to use until I hear otherwise).

Even on Christmas, Bubó Barcelona was not sold-out yet, though they were getting close. They had several Xabina and a couple Montblanc (their spelling). I've had the Xabina, so I got their Montblanc and took it home by the usual route. It was basic, being chestnut paste around whipped cream on a cookie/pie base. Decorations were white chocolate and, on top, baked meringue, which were what probably tipped this over into Excellent territory, or I just was feeling the Christmas spirit.

I'm busy toward the end of the week, but I'll try hitting Isetan Tuesday and Wednesday, which is not faster, but avoids having to do research to see who's open and selling individuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment