Saturday, August 5, 2017

(TW) Jean-Paul Hévin: Tarte au Chocolat Constanza

Did a research run past Marunouchi Jean-Paul Hévin to Viron to Toshi Yoroizuka to Origines Cacao to Dalloyau on Tuesday the first, but only the first stop had anything new. It was not too hot, so I could do 12+ km for 9 km/h.

The cake is called Tarte au Chocolat Constanz, although it was more like a giant bon-bon chocolate than a cake or a tart. Rather than having a tart crust, the tart shell is solid dark chocolate. The filling is chocolate mousse and a few fins of solid chocolate, so the only taste is chocolate, though obviously, there are differences in texture. The main issue then is how good is the chocolate, and it was excellent. The other issue is how eating this was different from eating mousse or just tablet chocolate, and my belief was that this was a nearly perfect chocolate creation. The solid chocolate gave some crunch and encouraged chewing but because it was mostly mousse, I did not have experience of chocolate pieces filling my mouth, like when eating a chocolate bar. It was a great cake and I hope that they make more tarts like this one with other kinds of chocolate. I should say that, as the name suggests, this is made from Dominican cacao.

Since I had a good cake Tuesday, it was reasonably cool, and I was busy (one excuse for being so late writing up these blogs), I did a cake-less run Wednesday. Of course, I still need a snack, so I got a Pain aux Raisins from Hediard at Isetan. It was excellent, as one would expect. The running was 18+ minutes averaging 10 km/h up and down a nearby 250 m long slope. Apparently, it's too flat for Google giving elevation information.






No comments:

Post a Comment