Sunday, August 13, 2017

[Sat] Au Bon Vieux Temps: Mille-feuille aux Fraises

For winning one cake-off back, I cycled down to Au Bon Vieux Temps. It was around noon, so some things might have sold out. I decided on Mille-feuille aux Fraises (410 yen?), which is a little standard (custard) mille-feuille with strawberry slices and strawberry jam icing on top, I think. I much prefer strawberry slices for this than large pieces like some similar mille-feuille use (if it were bigger, I'd rather it be bigger horizontally than vertically). It seemed excellent, but I took a little longer getting this to the park, so it was not as chilled as I would want. This would better straight at 4 degC on chilled plate,

The cycling was about 40 km, stopping at four different shops. None had added great cakes that I was looking for, though I could confirm one was continued from previous months. This is my first year of trying to track great cake availability for cake-offs, but it's looking like for the outlying shops (versus the big-brand central shops), once every two months would be plenty.


No comments:

Post a Comment