Monday, August 14, 2017

Éclat des Jours: Tarte myrtille

Started a little late, but it was cool, so I ran probably as fast as I ever had to Yoso, 12 km/h average (certainly that speed at the beginning, although I had some timing problems, just because I was stopping and starting suddenly, as the opportunity to cross the street became available), but still about 8 km/h coming back, under increasing rain.

As expected Éclat des Jours' selection was very limited, in terms of fresh cake (there were several attractive pastries), so I took the only thing available, the Tarte Myrtille (453 yen). Unfortunately, bilberries are not very exciting. The tart was competent but did not really do anything to overcome the limitations of bilberries and in the end I find that I can't rate it higher than ok, which ends Éclat des Jours' run at being promoted to a Superb shop.

I'll just have to explore other candidates. Guess I'll have to check whether Ryoco has three cakes that I'd like to try, since they have a three-cake minimum, though of course I could try to time a visit there when I can share. Before that, though, Yu Sasage is at Isetan starting Wednesday, so I'll probably take advantage of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment