Sunday, August 13, 2017

Paris S'éveille: Tarte au Yuzu et Citron Vert

In response to their win of Friday's cake-off, I visited Paris S'éveille for something new and got Tarte au Yuzu et Citron Vert (600 yen). In terms of taste, it's definitely good, with a nice balance of citrus flavors, but in terms of construction, it seems overly delicate to work as a cake. I would prefer this taste with something more bike-sized (and not stuck to cardboard, which is inconvenient for eating). It's a nice little tart for the season, with tea, I suppose, but not something I'm terribly interested in. Still a superb shop with several great cakes which have done well in cake-offs.

On the way back, I visited Les Cacaos, which had about the same selection as when last I visited, which is fine and good to know for a cake-off. I also stopped at the Trek store by Roppongi Hills, since my current bike is heavy and has a slightly bent front wheel, a broken shifter cable (so it's now a one-speed), and rust various other places (besides the shifter cable). Today was it's last ride outside of Shinjuku, I think, but it's still usable for local shopping. Probably will get the Trek FX 3, 2018 model.

No comments:

Post a Comment