Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Frédéric Cassel: Éclair Chocolat

It was hot today, not as hot as a lot of this summer, but it was also cloudy, so it did not cool off much in the evening. I went to Ginza to visit Frédéric Cassel at Ginza Mitsukoshi, but went underground from the corner of Hibiya Park. Coming back, I actually circled north as far as the International Forum, just to remind myself how to get there underground (I still want to see if that is a shortest route), because I was at Ginza last weekend and needed to get to Tokyo Station in the rain. Anyway, besides walking a lot underground for the crowded bits, I kept my speed down to 9 km/h out and 8 km/h back, running 9.5 km total.

Although I had seen some things I wanted more when I visited Sunday morning, today I had to be satisfied with my next choice, their Éclair Chocolat (600 yen), though there were still too other less attractive choices, a slice of roll cake and another flavor variation on the Mille-Feuille Finger (whereas, what I really want is the chocolate regular mille-feuille that I saw Sunday, but that might be a weekend only thing).

The éclair was definitely excellent and I had determined to call it great, but I've backed down on that. I can compare chocolate éclairs someday separately from cake-offs. This particular éclair is rather thin/flat and has a fairly thick crust, but the filling is also rather thick and it actually balanced out so that it seemed rather different from other éclairs, though my experience is still insufficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment