Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Il Pleut sur la Seine: Deauville

Hottest day of the year so far, so even in the evening was hot, though not necessarily the worst night for running so far. It's about 5 km each way to Il Pleut sur la Seine by the shortest path, not that the shortest is exactly what I use, but not so different, and I was between 8 and 9 km/h. I also got a free baked good (as I often do from them), so maybe I'll go cake-free tomorrow in preparation for the next cake-off and just have that.

I was not initially sure what I got, as only parts of the name stuck in my head, but I've confirmed that it sounds like Deauville, which fits. I needed another run to confirm the name, but neglected to confirm the ingredients, so maybe there will be a further update. The cake is definitely a mousse dome and definitely has apple (which is as far as I read and remember), and I'm guessing cassis as the red part, though I couldn't identify what the other fruit flavor was. I think that they are big on healthy cakes, as well as classics, and this might fall into the former category (there was a lentil-biscuit cake on the other end of the case). My main meals are extreme healthy, so I don't need that in my cake. Still, this was good and competently made. However, just good is not enough to keep the shop among the Quite Excellent shops, so I'm finally bumping them down to Excellent. Still, they have had two great cakes and at least one is still in the line-up, so I'll probably be back for that again before too long for a cake-off, since I'm doing a good job of making my first pass through the available great cakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment