Friday, August 11, 2017

(Thur) Il Pleut sur la Seine: Croissant aux Amandes

In order to get the name of yesterday's cake, I went back to P. Il Pleut sur la Seine. I didn't get cake, though that would perhaps have been less decadent, as they did not have bostock, so I got Croissant aux Amandes (380 yen). As usually, this had almond paste inside, which makes it very heavy, but there was also almond paste (I assume) on top, like a layer of icing. When I bought cake yesterday, they gave me a sample Gallete Bretonne (which would normally be about 300 yen, so not a bad get), whereas today they gave me Baton Fromage (I was not really expecting anything with a pastry, but it cost almost as much as a cake, and I imagine at least double the calories). The latter two "secs" were definitely good, but I'm less interested in them than cakes and pastries (and demi-secs, like financiers). I had some shopping to do, stopping by Nikunohanamasa for roasted peanut pieces, so it was about 12 km total. Even with the temperature down, it was humid and not cool, and frankly I'm out of shape/practice for running fast, so I was still only 9 km/h.

No comments:

Post a Comment