Saturday, August 5, 2017

(Friday) Jean-Paul Hévin: Éclair Constanza

I went to Tokyo Midtown for lunch and got cakes which were shared for dessert, along with Madagascar and Ghana hot chocolate (I'll stick to just showing the cakes). The Duja I've had many times before. It's a hazelnut biscuit chocolate cake that is excellent; pretty standard though fancy chocolate layer cake. The other is a new éclair for this month only, Éclair Constanza, and is also excellent, though I definitely prefer the tart to the éclair. 
This was a café visit rather than solo-cake, so running is not necessary, but in the evening I did have time and did another Marunouchi to Ginza loop, this time skipping JPH but checking Frédéric Cassel. Still no new information. In general, August does not seem to be a time to introduce new cakes. To motivate myself, I did get another snack, from Le Boulanger de Monge at Ginza Six: a Croissant d'Almonde. They threw in three kinds of bread samples as well, cranberry, walnut, and mixed fruit and nuts. The croissant was kind of dry and not better than good, but at least with butter, the bread was all excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment