Monday, August 7, 2017

Éclat des Jours: Baba au Rhum

Typhoon coming this way and the rain started as I was leaving work and peaked at about midway of my run out to Éclat des Jours (not that the typhoon had passed; the center will arrive around 9 am, last I heard). It was not great for visibility, though not a big deal running along the inner moat. It had mostly stopped by the top I crossed the main bridge and parts of the sidewalk were dry by the time I was coming back (it's night, but lots of stored heat, even on a cloudy day).

Not my fastest time, but the run to Toyo is mostly about energy conservation with respect to stoplights. Still, I needed to get there before they closed, so I still managed  about 10 km/h out and had energy for 9 km/h back. As I said last time, I'm running out of options. Basically, my choice at the end of the day is the least favorite of the standards and some tarts (as well as desserts in glasses, i.e., parfaits and verrines). This time, I went with the Baba au Rhum (486 yen). Though I previously could not see the merit of these as cakes, I've come around, so it's not so shocking that this was excellent, given the source (or than I ran a half marathon to get it, which maybe makes a difference).


No comments:

Post a Comment