Friday, August 25, 2017

Sadaharu Aoki: Marron Fruits Rouges (updated)

Hotter even today than yesterday, so another short run, just down to Tokyo Midtown and back (6 or 7 km) and with a shopping stop (despite carrying cake). Actually, I was after the green tea mille-feuille, which is exclusive to Midtown. I saw it there the previous time and the website shows it, but it was not there (though I didn't ask, and setting out on a Friday would not be surprising), but instead they had three new cakes. Isetan may have the same, but at that point I didn't want to circle back, which is several kilometers, so I bought the Marron Fruits Rouges at Midtown. I'll check Isetan tomorrow to see what they have, because they also had Cassisier (according to the card there), which is on my list of greats that I've been looking for, so final success on finding an old cake.

The Marron Fruits Rouges seems to be from their cheesecake line, with a thick layer of chestnut paste on top, whipped cream (not cheesecake; I should have let this thaw out more, perhaps, though it was having a hard enough time supporting the thick chestnut cream as it was) in the middle, and then red fruit, hazelnut biscuit, and Pâte sucrée (I read the card this time). This was definitely an excellent harmony of fruit, chestnut, and cheesecake good cake for both cheesecake and chestnut, so I'm saying it's great and hope that it will be around again when it comes time to do a cake-off with in.

No comments:

Post a Comment