Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Dalloyau: Chou Cubique Mangue

Tried running to Frédéric Cassel, at about 10 km/h in the rain, but even though they still had three types of cakes I hadn't bought yet after my last purchase, last week, this week they were sold out except for two that I've already had, so I'll wait until next Monday, maybe, to visit again.

Instead, I went to Dalloyau and abandoned my "choux à la crème doesn't count as cake" rule and bought the Chou Cubique Mangue for 540 yen. I figured that I've had prejudices against various types of cake that I've overcome, so some day I'll find a cream puff that changes my mind. This wasn't quite there, but it was definitely good. It seemed to be the soft Japanese-style rather than the traditional crisp chou. For the traditional, you really want to get them filled at the time you buy them (e.g., try Ryoco's, if you're willing to order ahead).

No comments:

Post a Comment