Friday, December 11, 2015

To Jouvaud in Hiroo: Petit Désirade

Tried Jouvaud in Hiroo again, and this time they had several types of cake. Guess Friday night is a good time to go. I struggle deciding and got the Petit Désirade, which was foolish: I'm attracted to chocolate but these chocolate mousse domes usually don't work out. This was okay though, which is better than average. I don't think I'll designate Jouvaud as being of special interest yet, but I'll look forward to going back again someday, since it's close and open until 8 pm. This was only 508 yen. It's chocolate glaze over chocolate mouse around a little vanilla cream on top of small disk of sponge cake all on top of a hard biscuit base. Nothing bad about any of it, it was nice.


The run was first a straight there and back, which took 25 minutes there and 27 minutes back, more from being downhill there and uphill back than my being tired or the cake slowing me down so much, although it was a little windy. After putting away the cake in the refrigerator, I went out and ran in the neighborhood of another 39 minutes, just because it was a nice night (after the heavy raid this morning, it shot up to over 24 deg C in the afternoon) and I don't expect to have a chance to run again until Sunday night. I think I've figured out that my problem around my right hip is that I'm really stiff, which is how I got into back problems after 1998. So I'm trying to do a lot of stretching.. There's plenty else bad that's going to keep me slow, but it would be nice to be able to move my legs more.

No comments:

Post a Comment