Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Local run: Henri le Roux (Isetan): Gateau Chocolat

Got cake from Isetan and then just ran around the neighbor for an hour plus, exploring nonstop routes (i.e., no stoplights that I would ever have to wait for). Went farther south than previously, but it still involved overlapping route stretches, which I'm trying to avoid, although a figure eight through an intersection is acceptable. I can get further east using a bridge over Meiji Dori/Road, but I was exploring southwest, where I can do a good sized loop except there's only one route west to begin with, so I think there is no avoiding overlapping in that direction. However, I realize how to get further southeast by going west and spiraling back over and under a bridge, I think. From there I can get to across from Akasaka Palace, but again, I think there is no other way out, so I'd have to overlap to come back.


Henri le Roux: Gateau Chocolat
The cake was Gateau Chocolat for 496 from Henri le Roux, which was one of the two places I still wanted to introduce from Isetan, although they only have a few fresh things. Now it's hard to find petit gateau anywhere because it's Christmas cake season, which are for more than one person, as well as very expensive even for the size. Even caramelier and chocolatier Henri le Roux had 10,000 yen cakes (not really that big a cake). Their chocolate cake is tiny, but very rich. Actually, there is a caramel-like chocolate cream center, so it's richer than it even looks. Great cake. It may be their only great cake, but I'll still designate them "worthy" on the map and plan for a relative early return, just on principle. I'm even willing to get an eclair, if necessary.


No comments:

Post a Comment