Monday, December 14, 2015

Weekday run to Paris S'éveille

I left from work as soon as possible and rushed home to change and go running so that I could get to Paris S'éveille in Jiyugaoka as soon as possible (specifically, I needed to get there by 8 pm, but since I did not know how early they sold out, never having been there either on a weekday or at night, I was motivated to arrive as early as possible). Made a lot of street lights and manged not much more than 1 h 10 minutes real time and 1 06'36'' by the somewhat crazy route I took, which was about 12 km long, so I really was running hard. There were about four types of cake left when I arrived just after 7:30 and got in a short line, plus many fondants and lots of interesting looking baked things, so even if they had run out of cake, I would have had something interesting, I think. Still, I should see if a shorter route would be faster (with lights, it is not necessary, and Google maps lies about where you can cross Ring Road 7). Originally, I was thinking I would run back, but that's a long way to run with cake and I had other things to do tonight, so I took the train, which was not very crowded that direction and I could get the commuter express.

The cake was Tarte Tentation aux Cassis aux Figue for 600 yen, which is, of course, a (tempting) fig and blackcurrant tart. It's two layers of mousse on top of a dark biscuit (other flavors were strong and I didn't squat down to read the card through the glass, so I'm not sure about the flavor, but it was just a couple millimeters thick, but the right degree of firmness). On top is fig and a little cassis cream. This was excellent. Actually, I was not sure at the time of eating, but my opinion improves as I think back, so I guess I'm willing to say that it was great. It was certainly different and I would recommend it to others.

Now the problem is the next underrepresented great shop is Origines Cacao (which closes at 7:30 pm, so it would be tough to get there in time, but I could almost do it, if I tightened up my route and continued to be lucky with the lights).

No comments:

Post a Comment