Wednesday, December 9, 2015

11 km to Demel: Sachertorte

Today, I was doing 1 min/1 min intervals, but not sure how many I did before I just ran, due to crowded sidewalk and then being in a hurry to arrive before closing: less than 15, but probably more than 10. I went down the usual route south through Aoyama Cemetery to go to Jouvaud, but they were sold out of fresh cake at 19:10. I was prepared to go to Takagi as a backup, but I've visited them enough for now and I had time, so I circled back to Isetan. They also were pretty low on cake at the counters that I was checking, so I settled for Demel and got, what else, the Sachertorte, which was 540 yen. This is a traditional Sachtorte: "A fine chocolate cake with a thin layer of apricot jam under the chocolate glaze, with a triangular Demel seal." The frosting/jam is really sweet, so you could get tired of this, but it's been a few years for me from here, so no problem. It was very good.


No comments:

Post a Comment