Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Jean-Paul Hévin café/bar

No running, but went to the café/bar when I saw that there was no wait at Isetan. Actually, late in the afternoon, there were huge lines for cake various places, but still no line for the café/bar here, which is weird, but we didn't go a second time. Didn't have my camera, so had to use my cell phone.


Jean-Paul Hévin: Galette de Rois "Star" & Parisien hot chocolate
This is the Galette de Rois "Star", which is a chocolate "King cake", although no bean in it except the chocolate beans that make it a delicious, great cake. As is traditional for the French version, I guess, it is more pastry than cake. The hot chocolate is their Parisien (?), since it's a set for 1404 yen, which is close to what the drink is alone. I'm not sure whether you can just order a piece of this cake for take-out, although I recall seeing pictures of the whole cake, so maybe you can get that.



Jean-Paul Hévin: Douceur (blinis and hot coco) 
The other set was the Douceur with Equator as the hot coco, which I was less fond of than the Parisien. As you can see, the desert is Blinis with whipped cream and maple syrup, which were fine, but not the sort of cake I usually bother getting or blogging. This set is 1464 yen.





No comments:

Post a Comment