Saturday, December 19, 2015

40+ km, Ginza-Tsukada and Shiba-Takanawa H&C, visiting Hidemi and Lettre d'Amore [Closed]

Did two History and Culture courses today which start at the same intersection, but returning home in between for a 20 to 30 minute pit stop. The Ginza-Tsukada one is short, is pretty crowded with lots of stoplights at the beginning, and requires a slight detour since the north side of the pedestrian walk for the main bridge is out. Just the course, which is about 4 km, took 24'13''75, which includes the detour and one double back of 0.1 km where I missed a turn.

I visited Hidemi Sugino again, this time getting the Améthyste for 680 yen, which is mint (?) green apple flavored butter cream and cassis butter cream. Fruit is not always my favorite, but I'm going to give this the benefit of the doubt and say it was great. They went light enough on the cassis to not tilt the flavor that way. Note that, due to being busy with Christmas cake, not only are they closed Sundays (and Mondays), but the salon is closed. There was a line just after opening, but it was diminishing when I arrived, so you can probably get there a little before noon and still be okay.

Total for this run was 17.28 km and took 2 03'53'', although that might have included the beginning of the next run, as I had multiple problems with my timing today. I should say that it was very windy, so I gave up on the hat part way home.


Hidemi: Améthyste
The second run was down the Shiba-Takanawa course. This is a forked course, so actually I ran the due-south leg both directions, which made the total for that course 11.04 km. Somehow, I restarted the run on my watch, so I'm completely confused about how long it was, although given that I had more than .5 km of doublebacking, it would not have been very characteristic. Too much of this is along main roads that were not too exciting, but since both south ends meet the beginnings of other courses, I'll be going at least partially be going along them again, maybe. Also, lots of stoplights at the beginning. At least there is room for running all the way and a lot of slopes, for good and bad.

Coming back from Meguro Station, I went to Lettre d'Amour and got Pomme Caramel for 480 yen. Actually, this is essentially pie, but it was a good choice for the gale-force (?) winds that I encountered at one point (almost couldn't move forward) and it hit the spot. After all, I had already had a fluffy creamy piece of cake today. Excellent cake/pie.

Well, if my body and the weather allow it, I'll see whether I can get down to Jiyugaoka and back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment