Thursday, December 17, 2015

Run to Potager: Ginger Chocolate Mousse

Decided to give Potager a try, finally. They're known for vegetable sweets, and besides their versions of patisserie cakes and cookies, sell soy noodles, although maybe that's related to whatever they serve as a café besides cake. It's a little over 6 km and I could get there in about 36 minutes running. I forget whether I arrived at 7:20 or 7:30, but they had both several customers and a variety of cakes left.


Potager: Ginger Chocolate Mousse
I chose the Ginger Chocolate Mousse for 470 yen, which is in a standard chocolate mousse cake form with a cream center. The ginger seemed to be actually tiny pieces of ginger, enough to crunch a little, rather than making it a mousse like the chocolate, but it was just a slight accent rather than trying to really compete with the chocolate, despite its "abundant" use. I choose a standard form of cake which actually I often have trouble with, maybe being burned out on it, but in this case it was fine. It was not a rich chocolate or a strong chocolate, but it was not watery so I could enjoy it and the ginger (and a tea flavor accent as well, supposedly). Thus, it was successful as a run and a cake source: within my range in terms of distance and operating hours and having good cake worth the trip. I'm designating it "worthy" (for lack of a better term for shops that I'm especially interested in that aren't at the "great" level of the top places). I'm starting to reorganize my map in preparation for when I'll want to visit some shops on the map that I haven't blogged about but visited in the past.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment