Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Local nonstop run and Hugo & Victor

Had some things to do at home, so kept the run simple and short: a nonstop run exploring south. Repeating a loop around the Tokyo gymnasium, before using the subway tunnel for the National Stadium Station to get over to in front of the former National Stadium (demolished) and loop around that construction site, as well as whatever the next block south is, which may be cheating, since they will presumably restart the traffic lights when they get the new construction sorted out, I could continue on to the A1 exit, which finally got me to a nonstop connection to JR Shinanomachi Station, which I didn't take up, since that opens up a lot of new possibilities in Yotsuya. Total run was 45'. I'm not sure how practical the subway route was, but it was pretty dead, so I did not bother anyone much running through at 7:30 pm on Dec 29. We'll see how practical that is other days and maybe later after the stadium is rebuilt. Weekends would presumably be more busy.


Hugo & Victor: George Amado
The cake was from Hugo and Victor, which is a new counter at Isetan. I got the George Amado (?), which is chocolate on the outside and mostly vanilla Bavarian cream with a relatively small amount chocolate mousse on a soft chocolate biscuit, with a walnut half, for 756 yen. This is what was left over and is a "new" cake for them, although they just opened last month or so, and is nothing special, certainly nothing to justify the price. I'm designating them "good", since it was fine, just boring. The Isetan webpage is promoting their mille feuille, so I should give that a try before I write them off.


No comments:

Post a Comment