Thursday, December 3, 2015

1 min intervals to Louange Tokyo: Cube-Caramel

Ran down to try a new shop. Did about 11 intervals of 1 min + 1 min fast to get there. Took the regular route down to Aoyama Road and then through Aoyama Cemetery to the Shibuya History and Culture route. The last part maybe isn't that great late at night, as far as traffic and sidewalk, but still okay.

At Louange Tokyo, I had a choice of 6 cakes and didn't choose well: I chose the Cube-Caramel for 846 yen (they're all the same shape and cost). I should only order caramel from shops that I've already judged based on other cakes, because the chance that I'll like it is low. This one had caramel mousse, caramel brulée, praline ganache, biscuit Joconde (which I think is almond added to meringue to make cake, versus using baking soda/power to get some sponge), and various nuts. Some parts were good (the nuts), but overall it's not a flavor that I like. It was a well-made cake, seemed like, and not small, but it would have to be pretty good for me to be satisfied at the price. Still, even only designating it as not bad but not worth special attention, it's close and open late, so I'll probably get over there for a second cake eventually (hopefully before the go out of business, not that I have reason to know whether that is likely).


No running or cake tomorrow, so it will be homemade. I want to make shortbread, which I've never done, just because it sounds good, so I should finally get myself an actual cookie sheet or big flat cake pan, although I can use the pans that fit the open if I stay away from their edges, since they are more fit for roasting something (I think I used them for pizza before I got my pizza stone, but otherwise I'm not sure what I use them).

Saturday, I hope to get over to La Primeur, but since it is Saturday and I missed my chance last week, I'd like to also visit Hidemi for takeout cake, which will make it a long run. For Sunday, I'm thinking about going up to Aigre-Douce.

No comments:

Post a Comment