Friday, December 25, 2015

Setagaya H&C course, Sourire

The Setagaya History and Culture course runs from Shibuya Station to Futakotamagawa Station. I started down the wrong street from the beginning and had to back up, although I know this area and tried once before to follow this route, walking. Mostly, it's nice. There are a couple misplaced marker tiles suddenly showing the route coming from some place that would not make sense, but at least they point in the correct direction to continue. The bad part is near the end: after Kinuta Park, the marked route takes you back to a canal with reassuring tile markers telling you to continue and then turn right, after which it apparently gives up. What you need to do is turn on the river and not worry about the fact that you won't see any more of those markers. There are some new markers and a big map of the usual style showing a more direct route from the park, though I haven't found an on-line reference.

After a snack from the Paul at the Takashima there, I was able to take Komazawa Dori/Street back, although got way off track looking for a different route than my normal when Komazawa links up to old Yamanote.

On the way back, I picked up Caramel Noir from Sourire for 500 yen. This was kind of a challenge for this shop which I marked as "worthy" of special attention, since I'm not fond of some flavors of caramel, both a challenge to the shop and a challenge to me to expand my palate, if that word is appropriate. It's a walnut caramel and a chocolate caramel, I think, or maybe I misunderstood the card. Anyway, it was interesting and although not my thing/great, I would be willing have it again as something shared if someone wanted to get it.


Sourire: Caramel Noir
In other running news, I may have already mentioned that they repaved the part of the Meji Jingu Gaien course that they had ripped up. The timing probably had to do with an event that I say last weekend taking place. Comping back Saturday, half the width was roped off for people running in an event, although they were not going so fast, so I thought it was a short race (and someone was in a reindeer jumpsuit). When I went by Sunday morning, they were still going (including reindeer man), although there were some walkers and even standers. It turns out, I learned from asking staff, that they were doing a 24-hour run. That explained the sensor mats across the path. So there are crazier people than me, although know that idea is in my head. Fortunately, running in a circle is not my usual thing.

As far as a my map (first link above) goes, after being strict with Origines Cacao, I decided that I had to be stricter with everyone, so I demoted Bigarreaux and Fraoula, though I love them both. Just, I want to save "great" for places that mostly have great cake. Ryoco is still in there (and when they recover from Chirstmas cake season and reopen when I can go, I'll visit), but Aigre-Douce is on the edge. I expect to be strict with the "worthy" ones and even "good" ones, which I'll eventual review, unless I find a new reliable source for good unvisited cake shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment