Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Pierre Hermé and Gaien laps: Infiniment Vanille

Had to work late, so changed my plan and went to Isetan for cake. Was going to visit some place I haven't blogged yet there, but took a look at Pierre Hermé and did not resist the Infiniment Vanille.

For running, my goal was just 2 laps within 6'50'' at Meiji Gingu Gaien. After reaching that, I continued, since my time remained under 7', until the middle of the fifth lap, when I needed to tie my shoes, despite what I thought was a good effort to avoid that problem.

Times were 6'20''48, 6'24''29, 6'29''05, and 6'36''17, so I've got 3 laps under 6'30'', 4 laps averaging under 6'30'', and 4 laps under 6'40'' as current bests. Total distance today was about 9 km, but I had some speed, so it seemed enough. Next time I'll double-tie those shoelaces.

The cake, Infiniment Vanille, was 756 yen. It has almond biscuit, vanilla cream, and vanilla gel. I'm not thrilled by gelatin and the biscuit was not that exciting. Still, it was good cake, but I know I like the Tarte Infiniment Vanille better, so it did not seem great. I should have gotten the Millefeuille Infiniment Vanille, which ends Thursday. Can't have everything. Instead, I want to make a second trip to Amitié (closed today) and then maybe my first cake from Louange Tokyo.




No comments:

Post a Comment